W3BOY Radio Night June 28 1900-2100

  • k5hal
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2004
      Please look for -------W3BOY------ on the air from Chester
      County Council, Camp John H Ware III which is located near Rising
      Sun, MD.
      Look for us in the Extra class phone part of 20 m and 40 m. We
      hope to contact other Scout Camps and have some Scout to Scout QSOs.
      We will have only simple portable antennas so listen with the RF gain
      turned up.
      Radio Night is a part of our Ham Radio Camp week activities. Our
      goal is to "infect" the Scouts with the Amateur Radio virus. Each
      scout will build a Rock-Mite RM-40. They will finish the week with
      their own working radio, a CD with CW programs, and other aids to
      help them progress in ham radio. And, most important of all, unless
      we fail in our efforts, with a Tech Class License. The week includes
      the Tech Class exam session. Handouts will include a list of olunteer
      mentors and other information to help ensure that they become active
      radio scouts.
      Ham Radio and Boy Scouts go together.
      Regards,
      cullen K5HAL
    • k5hal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 11:26 AM
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "k5hal" <k5hal@a...> wrote:
        > Please look for -------W3BOY------ on the air from Chester
        > County Council, Camp John H Ware III which is located near Rising
        > Sun, MD.
        > Ham Radio and Boy Scouts go together.
        > Regards,
        > cullen K5HAL

        Report on Radio Camp 2004:
        A success. Nine scouts, one scouter, Rock-Mites built, some
        operate well, some need a bit of troubleshooting. The Exams went
        well. There was a general agreement on the part of Scienc Camp
        management that we have a good start on what we need.
        We are now begining plans for Radio Camp 2005 after a serious
        critique of what went well and what need improvement.
        Suggestions will be accepted.