JOTA 2004: Ideas needed for Jamboree activities

  • James Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2004
      It is time to begin planning for JOTA 2004.  I would love to hear about activites that can be offered in addition to making contacts on the air.  Here are my ideas so far:

      Two HF stations (one w/ cw, sstv & rtty, and one w/phone)
      Transmitter hunt (possibly tying it in with orienteering?)
      Morse code explanation and practice oscillators
      Tying in the Webelos Communicator pin
      Introducing the Radio merit badge

      I'm wondering if anyone has any games or building ideas that would be fun and possible to complete during JOTA.  Has anyone set up an antenna structure with wooden poles and lashings?

      All ideas will be appreciated.

      James Olson, W4JO
      Cubmaster Pack 702 and Committee Member Troop 204
      Atlanta Area Council