Jambo NTS Traffic

  • k2gw@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2004
      Regarding Jamboree NTS traffic:

      > The short answer is YES, they do pass traffic. It would be best
      > if you knew
      > which subcamp and Jamboree troop the target recipient was in.

      That's great!.

      I believe the Jamboree subcamp is actually the high order digit(s) in the special Jamboree troop numbers assigned to each contingent. So if the the NTS message had the addressee's Jamboree troop number (NOT his normal home troop number back in Podunk), your internal Jamboree VHF net should be able to quickly route it. Also, I bet K2BSA could probably get a CD-ROM of the jambo attendees from the admin folks to look up the jambo troop number of any message that omitted it.

      Perhaps we could issue a service advisory to NTS explaining the need for a jamboree troop number on messages to Ft A.P. Hill about six month's before the jamboree.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      Section Emergency Coordinator
      Southern New Jersey Section