Seperation Cable for Yaeu ?? Can i Use Phone cable ?

  • Terry Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2004
      The separationaction cable kit for my Yaesu dual band came with a torrid
      core that you run one loop through. That may take care of the A.C. hum. I am
      not sure. I did not use the torrid and I have no problems although I only
      use it mobile (not much A.C. in the mobile).

      73, Terry ~ KB9YXV

      Terry Miller, KB9YXV
      La Crosse, WI
      Kb9yxv@...

    • nv7v@burgoyne.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2004
        I had the original cable and used it as a reference to make the extended one.
        The AC hum was induced by wiring and flourescent lighting nearby the
        cable run. No amount of shielding will stop that. It is the reason why
        you have preamps at the mic plugs in commercial installations with long
        cable runs. Turns out we just ended up finding more space to keep the
        radios where they were so they did not have to be relocated. I guess you
        could also notch out the 60 hz hum...... lets see a PC with a sound card
        running .......... Sorry thinking too much.