Re: [Scoutradio] Fox Hunts (byonics PicCon)

  • Scott Sarah
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
      Byon Makes GREAT kits I have a TinyTrakIII for my APRS and has great
      customer support also.

      Scott
      KA8S
    • N8VAR
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
        Alan,

        I have built two of the PicCon Controller offered by Byonics. They are
        intelligent controllers that can be programmed and turned off and on
        remotely using DTMF tones from another radio keypad. I've had good luck
        with them. I have two so I can set up two transmitters and let my boys hunt
        for both.

        The URL for Byonics is:

        http://www.byonics.com/

        There are others that are cheaper but none as flexible as this one. It's
        real easy to build and connect to any HT or any transmitter.

        73 es YiS

        Ron, N8VAR

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2004
          I have just added pictures of the Fox I built for use
          by our Venture Crew. You can view them at:

          http://kd7ges.manghelli.net

          Just click on the RDF link on the main page. I also
          plan on adding pictures of the Tape Measure Yagi for
          RDF project that is a fun and inexpensive project for
          a Troop or Crew. (hope to have those up in the next
          week or so).

          Max Manghelli - KD7GES
          Advisor, Venture Crew 185 - KD7TSJ
          Oregon Trail Council