Radio Camporee

  • Wilson, Gary [OMP]
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 10:57 AM
      Radio Camporee

      In 1998 we did a "Scouts to the Skies" District Camporee.  It was JOTA weekend, so we had a field day like JOTA station and separate classes (boys chose one) for Radio, Aviation, Space Exploration and Astronomy MB.  We also had a portable planetarium, telescopes and model rocket launchings for the other MB's.  Scouts working on Radio MB had priority for the on the air contacts on the JOTA station.

      Patch showed the space shuttle and radio links to it from Europe and USA, and mentioned "Fall Camporee and JOTA"

      73

      Gary,  K2GW