new book

  • book042001
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2004
      With the moderator's approval I would like to announce a new book
      entitled "The Hiker's Guide to Preparing Home-Cooked Meals on the
      Trail." The book explores the subject of dehydrating, packaging, and
      rehydrating foods for use in the wilderness by any outdoor enthusiast
      wishing to carry lightweight, compact, and tasty meals. Some one
      hundred recipes are presented and one chapter explains how to build a
      lightweight oven to be used with the camp-stove to bake things like
      biscuits and pizza. The recipes are easy to prepare and allow the
      hiker to carry meals like those cooked at home out on the trail, and
      at a greatly reduced weight. The book should be a great help to the
      scout in the field as well as a means for them to acquire a merit
      badge in cooking. Inquiries and orders can be placed at
      www.trafford.com.

      Cordially,

      Steven A. Mroz