Thinking Day on the Air (TDOTA) is Saturday/Sunday, Feb. 21/22, 2004

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2004
      Thinking Day on the Air (TDOTA)/Guides on the Air (GOTA) will
      take place the weekend of February 21/22, 2004.

      For info on Guides On The Air (GOTA)/Thinking Day on the Air (TDOTA)
      see http://www.aoxj13.dsl.pipex.com/GOTA/TDOTA.htm

      This is a "Thinking Day" activity for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
      throughout the world.

      WC5GS, the amateur radio station at Camp Whispering Cedars in Dallas,
      TX, will be on the air Sat. Feb. 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST (1600-
      2300Z) on various HF bands.

      We will also be monitoring IRLP node 4150 (Dallas node, served by the
      N5IUF repeater (444.150 +/PL=100.0)). Stations in the Dallas area
      need only call us via the N5IUF repeater, no need to bring up an IRLP
      connection. For information on IRLP, see http://www.irlp.net/ If
      you are not a member of a local IRLP node, you'll have to give a call
      on an IRLP repeater and ask a control operator to help you connect to
      Node 4150.

      I hope you will find a local Girl Scout/Girl Guide unit in your
      neighborhood with which to introduce amateur radio and allow the
      girls to talk with other girls in the same town, country or world.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Frank KR1ZAN
      kr1zan@...
      Associate Station Operator, WC5GS, Dallas, TX
    • ~ Morten ~
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2004
        Cool, First IOTA

        now TDOTA - GOTA !....