Re: Radio Camp

  • murray_428
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 12, 2004
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@u...>
      wrote:
      > Dont forget to tell them to bring their FRS
      > walkie Talkie's to camp. Then use them
      > for all coordination. Teach them proper
      > Radio procedures. Plan games around
      > them RADIO CLUE, DFing, etc... during
      > their break periods. de WB4APR

      Robert - I'd be interested in learning about the games you mention
      above. Is there a website that details them? Thanks,
      Joe
      Scoutmaster - Troop 109
      KC2MKS
    • KB3CVS (Tom)
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 15, 2004
        Thank you everyone for the ideas.

        Unfortunately, we've tried most of them, with very little success.

        We'll keep plugging away, but thanks again for the ideas.

        The radio license classes are just about the only thing we haven't
        tried, and there are many radio clubs here in the area, which seem to be
        having a hard time filling their classes as well.

        So far, the Radio Merit Badge has been the most productive for us, and I
        suppose we'll keep working on that as well.

        Thanks again!

        -Tom-

      • Robert Bruninga
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 19, 2004
          >>> zano_52@... 2/12/04 1:39:00 PM >>>

          > Dont forget to tell them to bring their FRS
          > walkie Talkie's to camp. Then use them
          > for all coordination. Teach them proper
          > Radio procedures. Plan games around
          > them RADIO CLUE, DFing, etc... during
          > their break periods. de WB4APR

          Robert - I'd be interested in learning about the games you mention
          above. Is there a website that details them? Thanks,
          KC2MKS

          REPLY: Sure, http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/sitemap.html
          slide down till you find KIDS and SCOUTS...

          de WB4APR, Bob

          Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
          subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

          Visit the "Adventure Radio Society"
          http://www.natworld.com/ars/

          Yahoo! Groups Links