Re: [Scoutradio] Radio Merit badge Booklet

  • James Mahoney
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2003
      However on the flip side some badges are extremely challenging. I am a
      CPA with an MBA in finance and a counselor for the Personal Management
      MB. I know some college students who would have trouble with the
      requirements. Likewise the Environmental Science MB (If you don't do it
      at summer camp) requires a great deal of effort. Let's face it there are
      some badges that you can get just for showing up and there are others
      that require you to do some work - and it was like that in our day as
      well.

      Yours in scouting

      Jim Mahoney - KB3BYU
      ASM Troop 107
      Allentown, PA

      On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:03:36 -0500 Scott Sarah <ka8s@...> writes:
      > Since I got eagle in 1992 they have really watered it down. It makes
      > it
      > too easy to advance...the leadership duration is still here
      > but.......they merged 2 meritbadges (which 2 eludes me right now)
      > and
      > made some Meritbadges waaaay to easy.
      >
      > Scott (KA8S)
      >
      > Wayne wrote:
      >
      > > And they keep telling us that Scouting is not watered (dumbed)
      > down. I
      > > have an old handbook that not only requires you to learn the Scout
      >
      > > Law, but the whole paragraph that gies with each element. I even
      > > earned an "automobileing" me it badge.
      > >
      > > --Wayne--
      > > KB4AAC

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/