Re: Vote for a frequency

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      Hi all,
      I like the idea of 145.55 and 444.55 as "standard" US Scout frequencies -
      especially for Scout camp and event use. This way, we avoid ticking off any
      folks who like to monitor .52 as a calling channel as it is was intended.
      Not only that, but designating and publicizing the official ARRL calling
      channel as an "official" Scout frequency would be very bad politics
      nationally. Scouting has enough public relations problems without our
      creating another. In the back country, it might make sense for groups to use
      146.52 so that they might hear others on the trail calling for help, or they
      could use the Scout frequencies and only monitor .52 as per the Wilderness
      Protocol at the top of the hour. Trail use tends to be very light anyway -
      especially to save batteries - and is usually further from "civilization."
      73,
      Dave Colter WA1ZCN
      Griswold Scout Reservation Camp Committee
      New Hampshire