RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 440

  • Willem van Dam
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:31:54 GMT
      > From: wd4nhh@...
      > Subject: Re: Please vote for 2 meter frequency
      >

      > Guy's if any foreign HAMs do come here they can use our
      > freq. plan . While they are here they can use all the same
      > Freq.'s we use ( expl. if they were Tech.'s they could use
      > all the same freq.'s our tech.'s use) .
      >

      > T.J. Wd4nhh

      Hi T.J.,

      You are right but the problem is that if you look at many of the
      manufacturers websites you will see that nearly all ham equipment comes in
      an A and an E version. The E versions are limited in their capabilities to
      get type approval for Europe (CE type approval). A lot of European countries
      don't allow modified radios.

      I have several 2 meter and 70 cm rigs that I can't modify for the American
      HAM bands.

      YIS Sjaak KG4PVX / PA3GVR