Re: FRS Radios at Scout Camp

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 28, 1999
      On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Ray Vaughan wrote:

      > This shows the GMRS Interstitial and FRS channels side by side. It looks
      > like FRS users on channels 1-7 get to talk to GMRS licensees, they're on
      > their own on channels 8-14. So the 9-9 suggestion for Emergencies might
      > need to be reconsidered if you would want to have GMRS as part of your
      > camp's plan.

      Good point. I guess then channel 7? Who cares about "channel-9"
      anyway... it was only a vague reeerence to CB... and I am happy to
      distance ourselves from CB as much as possible.

      ALSO, I find it bad that all the documents in the FRS packages offer
      NOTHING IN THE WAY OF USER EDUCATION about how to use a radio and proper
      radiotelephone technique...

      At the beach, you hear "DADDY", then "DADDY! WHere are you !"
      Ie, no callsigns....

      I think the docs shouls "suggest to users the use of personal callsigns"

      bob