Re: [Scoutradio] Existing BSA FRS Plan

  • Danny Messano
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
      I did a few google searches and didn't find anything about National developing a plan.

      I dont think there is anything wrong with the masses working out a plan and then proposing it to national. I think Bob has done most of the work already, and with a few tweaks we could have something to submit.

      Doing what is is best for you is great, but I think we would have much to gain from standardization on a national level.

      Danny Messano

      n> I don't mean to muddy the waters, but I thought I read that BSA
      n> National had already developed a recommended FRS channel plan. I
      n> read it somewhere and it sounds as though it never really got
      n> promoted. The bottom line is to adopt what works for you. I think
      n> it would be good if BSA were to propose national standards and
      n> publish them in Scouting magazine.

      n> 73,
      n> Bill Morine, N2COP, Advancement Chairman, Troop 215, Northeast
      n> District, Cape Fear Council #425, Wilmington, NC

      n> Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.

      n> Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have
      n> them subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

      n> Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
      n> http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      n> Great list of Scouting/Amateur Radio web sites:
      n> http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml

      n> Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/

      n> ScoutRadio start page:
      n> member email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)

      n> Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

      n> SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGES

      n> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      n> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --

      Best regards,

      Danny Messano