Existing BSA FRS Plan

  • n2cop
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
      I don't mean to muddy the waters, but I thought I read that BSA
      National had already developed a recommended FRS channel plan. I
      read it somewhere and it sounds as though it never really got
      promoted. The bottom line is to adopt what works for you. I think
      it would be good if BSA were to propose national standards and
      publish them in Scouting magazine.

      73,
      Bill Morine, N2COP, Advancement Chairman, Troop 215, Northeast
      District, Cape Fear Council #425, Wilmington, NC
    • Danny Messano
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
        I did a few google searches and didn't find anything about National developing a plan.

        I dont think there is anything wrong with the masses working out a plan and then proposing it to national. I think Bob has done most of the work already, and with a few tweaks we could have something to submit.

        Doing what is is best for you is great, but I think we would have much to gain from standardization on a national level.

        Danny Messano

        n> I don't mean to muddy the waters, but I thought I read that BSA
        n> National had already developed a recommended FRS channel plan. I
        n> read it somewhere and it sounds as though it never really got
        n> promoted. The bottom line is to adopt what works for you. I think
        n> it would be good if BSA were to propose national standards and
        n> publish them in Scouting magazine.

        n> 73,
        n> Bill Morine, N2COP, Advancement Chairman, Troop 215, Northeast
        n> District, Cape Fear Council #425, Wilmington, NC

        n> Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.

        n> Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have
        n> them subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

        n> Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
        n> http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        n> Great list of Scouting/Amateur Radio web sites:
        n> http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml

        n> Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/

        n> ScoutRadio start page:
        n> member email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)

        n> Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

        n> SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGES

        n> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        n> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --

        Best regards,

        Danny Messano