Radio Merit Badge Instructional Files Uploaded

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2003
      With the annual interest in Radio Merit Badge caused by JOTA, I've
      uploaded a set of files designed to help teach Radio Merit Badge to
      the files area of the Scoutradio Yahoo Group.

      There's a lesson plan for three one hour classes which cover much of
      the merit badge with the exception of the on air contact, which
      obvioudsly can be done as part of JOTA. There are also corresponding
      student workbooks and keyword lists (based on work by James Alderman,
      KF5WT) and a set of Powerpoint slides (adapted from work started by
      Steve Larson, WW3Y)

      I plan to tweak these a bit further in the future, but I figured some
      folks might want to have them for JOTA, in case they're asked whether
      they could offer a Radio MB class to a troop afterwards.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      Radio Merit Badge Counselor
      Central New Jersey Council, BSA
    • AsABat
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2003
        Gary-

        James Alderman's workbooks are also on my Radio Merit Badge website
        www.qsl.net/aa6j/radiomb . If you tweak the workbooks would you mind
        sending me a set so I can update my page as well. No point in having
        different versions of the same thing floating around to confuse
        people.

        I'd hoped to be on the air this week, but am committed to working
        with RACES at the Miramar Air Show this weekend.

        YIS & 73,

        Bill Jeffrey AA6J
        Radio Merit Badge Notes www.qsl.net/aa6j/radiomb
        WEM-39-95