JOTA plans for Explorer Post 599

  • Tomsharp@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2003
      Explorer Post 599 will be operating JOTA stations from two camporees.  One location just west of Phoenix will be for the Firebird District of the Grand Canyon Council.  It's guaranteed to be a hot time there, with temps near 100 at an elevation near 1000-ft..

      We will also have a station for the Four Peaks District.  This camp will be in the Rim country of Arizona, at a mesa at near 6000-ft AMSL.  About 90 miles from the other camp, the temperature will be quite different, with highs in the 70s and lows near freezing.  Arizona is wonderful for its variations in climates.

      We will be on HF, VHF, and UHF.  Hope to plug into IRLP also.  The Scouts at both camps will have an opportunity to work on Radio Merit Badge.

      We'll be looking for you!  73

      ---Tom  WA9OXY
      Explorer Post 599
      Phoenix, AZ USA