ISS operating during JOTA

  • Cedric Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2003
      Does anyone know whether the ISS crew might be operating on 2m
      during any part of the JOTA weekend? They're making a 10+ minute
      pass over New Orleans right in the middle of our operating time.

      We were fortunate enough to work them two years ago and the scouts
      are still talking about it.

      Tx es 73 de Cedric, reply to k5cfw at arrl dot net
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2003
        Cedric,

        The Soyuz replenishment rocket launches Oct. 18th and is scheduled to dock on Oct. 20th.  The current crew will be swapped out.  I suspect they'll all be very busy and will not have time for amateur radio.  It's disappointing, since our groups have enjoyed contacts with the ISS, also.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN
        Garland, TX