JOTA

  • wd4nhh
    Message 1 of 41 , Oct 6, 2003
      I'm going to be going camping with my scout pack and wanted to do
      JOTA . What are the Pri. and Sec. Freq.'s ? What time's ? I will be
      using a QRP mobile ( 15 watts ) with a 20 meter stick and an ant.
      tuner for the other bands . How do I get JOTA patchs ?

      Thanks

      T.J. Eitel WD4NHH
      Asst.Den leader 1st year Webelos Pack 301
      Asst. Scoutmaster Troop 301

      P.S.: If I can get 110 volts I might try to bring my old TS-830S
      for a little more power :)
    • Elden
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2012
        The Kennehoochee Amateur Radio Club supports the Merit Badge University at Kennesaw State University. They have approximately 100 merit badge classes and have around 1000 participants. The Club sets up a station in the Common Green at the college for scouts to participate on JOTA.

        This will be my eighth year teaching the Radio Merit Badge Class.

        ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
        Radio Merit Badge Counselor
        Covered Bridge & Foot Hills Districts
        Atlanta Area Council