I need help: update

  • aws69
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 8:06 PM
      After much thought and advice here is my compromise.

      We will run JOTA from 10am till 4pm. This shortens the day from 10 hrs to a
      manageable 6hrs.
      Also I revised the Radio Merit Badge class to 1 class of 10 scouts instead
      of 2 classes of 10.

      I don't know if I told anyone about this one demonstration I am doing this
      year. I found at this years Hamvention a FM beeper kit from TenTec to use
      for foxhunting. It transmits in the commercial FM band as a part 88
      transmitter within 88-108 mhz band. It has a range of 80 yards which is
      great for our JOTA area. I will dig up some handheld radios and let the
      scouts go.

      73

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      Greater Pittsburgh Council