Re: [Scoutradio] The 2004 JOTA...

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      Ray,

      JOTA is 'always' the 3rd FULL weekend of October.  So, if you really meant 2004, in 2004 JOTA will take place Saturday and Sunday, October 16th and 17th, 2004.

      In 2003 (this year), JOTA is Saturday and Sunday, October 18th and 19th.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        At 21:13 -0500 02/09/03, Ray Brown wrote:
        > Greetings. What is the date of the 2004 JOTA? I have a District BSA
        >event planned on October 22-24, 2004. Is JOTA that weekend, or the
        >weekend before???

        17-19 October. 22 to 24 October is Wed to Friday.
        --
        73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
        http://home.stny.rr.com/k2frd/K2FRD.htm
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
            Well, foo, then. Our Council was trying to move it from the 3rd weekend for 2004, seems
          that there is a big festival in a nearby town that's always on the 3rd weekend of October,
          and they wanted to avoid the festival.

            SO, I doubt if there will be a council-wide JOTA for us in 2004. And at the rate things are
          going here, there won't be much of a JOTA for our Council this year. (Our bi-annual Council
          event is a Camporall.)