jota

  • wa6lbu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2003
      What are the dates for this years event.

      Clay, WA6LBU
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2003
        Clay,

        It's always the 3rd full weekend of October.  For 2003, it's Oct. 18th and 19th (local time).

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        Take a look at www.arrl.org/jota for more info

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 20, 2003
          Oops ... in my haste, I typed the wrong URL for JOTA info.  Try http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/ideas.html

          73, Frank

          It's always the 3rd full weekend of October.  For 2003, it's Oct. 18th and 19th (local time).

          73, Frank KR1ZAN

          Take a look at www.arrl.org/jota for more info

          What are the dates for this years event.

          Clay, WA6LBU

        • Fred Stevens K2FRD
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 20, 2003
            At 11:51 -0400 20/08/03, wa6lbu@... wrote:
            >What are the dates for this years event.

            17-20 October 2003
            --
            73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
            Otschodela Council (BSA) Amateur Radio Group KZ2BSA:
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 21, 2003
              It's always the 3rd full weekend of October, i.e. this year 18th 00:00 to 19th 24:00 local time anywhere.

              73' and a firm left,

              Paul PA5UL
              What are the dates for this years event.

              Clay, WA6LBU

            • Ray Brown
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2004
                Greetings, everyone. Just making sure. Is this year's JOTA on October
                15-17 or 22-24? I know it's always the 3rd full weekend of October,
                but I wanted to make sure of the date. I have a District-wide Camporall
                on October 22-24 this year. (They moved it a week so as not to conflict
                with a local town's parade and festival. Don't ask, I didn't do it. :-(

                The ARRL webpages (just recently updated, too) only say the 3rd weekend
                in October. No specific date. (sigh) So, confirmation, please? Thanks!

                _Ray_ KBØSTN
                CC, Pack 77, Joplin, MO
                Ozark Trails Council
              • Chikai
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 30, 2004
                  It's 16-17 October. Check the WOSM JOTA website to find lots more information. This can easily be reached by surfing to www.scout.org/jota and follow the links from there.
                  Paul PA5UL

                • frank@fmaynard.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 31, 2004
                    Look for us on the air from the Ottawa District Clue-O-Ree on Saturday
                    Oct.16 using either my call (NF8M) or KE8HR. Near the usual scout
                    frequencies, phone and maybe CW, most likely 20m and 40m. 73

                    --
                    YiS,
                    Frank Maynard, NF8M