RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 394

  • Wilson, Gary [OMP]
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
      RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 394

      Have you sent this to the ARRL and the international division of BSA ?  I'll bet a majority of hams get their info on JOTA from those two sources.

      73

      Gary, K2GW

      >>After consultation and agreement with numerous Scout-Hams from around
      the world, it is the consensus that the world-wide Scouting
      membership change the frequency themselves to 14.065. This
      information is being circulated widely through email groups and
      websites.

    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
        RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 394
        Gary,

        Allow me to respond, since I'm one of the many discussing this for quite a while:  The answers are 'Yes' and 'Yes'.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN
        Advisor, Venturer Crew 73 - K5BSA - Richardson, TX

        Have you sent this to the ARRL and the international division of BSA ?  I'll bet a majority of hams get their info on JOTA from those two sources.

        73

        Gary, K2GW

        >>After consultation and agreement with numerous Scout-Hams from around
        the world, it is the consensus that the world-wide Scouting
        membership change the frequency themselves to 14.065. This
        information is being circulated widely through email groups and
        websites.

      • Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
          Actually, I sent copies to key people at BSA, ARRL, and WOSM (as
          opposed to sending it to the organizations themselves), but no
          response yet nor do I expect responses since, as individuals, they
          cannot represent nor set policy for the larger organizations. It is
          for this reason that this grassroots effort is being undertaken since
          the controlling organizations are unable to take action (it's not
          their highest priority). But, something had to be done before
          "something happens" (all sorts of interference scenarios) and
          Scouting becomes the target.

          73 de Fred K2FRD

          --
          3333333 de Fred
        • Bill Stewart
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
            I received my September QST today. In it is an article about JOTA 2003
            with the usual frequencies.
            They have flagged the 20 m CW freq. and said that CW ops. should go
            lower to avoid interference
            with PSK31 ops.

            73,

            Bill, W2BSA