Field Day Invitation!

  • KB3CVS (Tom)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2003
      Greetings!

      Field Day is fast approaching, and I wanted to invite any young men or
      women between the age of 14 and 21 who will be within travel distance to
      Annapolis, MD to join the ARINC Amateur Radio Club and Scout Venture
      Crew 828 (Timonium MD) during our Field Day activities. We'll be at the
      Thomas Point State Park, which is a really scenic park - perfect for
      Field Day activities.

      My son, Thomas Jr. (TJ) and I attended our first field day last year
      with the Arinc and Crew 828 folks and had a blast. We only stayed a few
      hours, but TJ spoke to over 10 countries (he was a brand new ham, 13
      years old, technican at the time), and got some fishing in with the
      other young adults there as well. You don't need to have a license to
      enjoy yourself, just an interest in having some fun and perhaps a new
      experience with technology and radios.

      If you would like to come join us -- please do. If you would like to
      let us know you're coming, have any questions or need directions or
      anything please don't hesitate to call either myself, Tom Hendricks
      (KB3CVS) at (410) 252-1235 (Baltimore Area telephone),
      mailto:kb3cvs@... or perhaps contact Richard Gunzelman (Crew 828
      Committee Chair), mailto:r.gunzelman@... or Richard Ashburn (Crew
      828 Advisor), mailto:wa3skq@....

      Yours in Scouting,
      Tom Hendricks (Unit Commissioner Pack/Troop 828)
    • Rob McKnight
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2003
        Hi Tom,
        Sounds like a terrific place for radio & outdoor activities!...
        Pity I'm in Wollongong NSW, as my 13 yr old son & myself would love to
        come along.
        Anyway, you all have a great time.....don't worry about us! ;-))

        Regards,
        Rob McKnight
        VK2MT
        Balgownie Cub Scout Leader

[...]

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
        Questions.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/y6TolB/TM

        Visit the "Adventure Radio Society"
        http://www.natworld.com/ars/

        email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and notify us promptly. We use Virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment. Please acknowledge or reply to this email promptly.