Re: [Scoutradio] Summer Camp Ideas

  • wa6lbu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 6:03 PM
      With us, it all started with our desire to teach Radio MB to our troop during our week at camp. We asked the camp director permission to hang a dipole in a tree.  It ended up with us teaching Radio MB to several more boys just our troop and we had an HF station set up in the evening next to the trading post.  Additionally,  we  have permission to put up a tower and have a permante footprint at the camp.

      In a message dated 5/30/03 8:30:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, aws69@... writes:

      Greetings......

      While some of us have the privledge to have a station set-up and manned
      during the summer at camp others (like me) don't. So I have thought up one
      activity that can be Ham Radio related and left at camp. I created a music
      CD with around 12 ARISS contacts. I will mail them to the camps to the Space
      Exploration MB counselors. I gave one of these CDs to a space ex counselor
      last year and he thought it was great for the scouts to hear answers to
      questions asked by kids their own age. One other idea that I have yet to try
      is demoing UO-14 with my W32A and Arrow Antenna. The problem is the early
      and late passes in Pittsburgh.

      Does anyone else have any camp ideas?

      73,

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC