745Re: [Scoutradio] Radio Merit Badge at clinic

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Jul 4 12:31 PM
      At 12:17 -0700 04/07/2002, Kelly Bersch wrote:
      >I've been lurking here for quite a while and finally have a question. I've
      >been asked if it's feasible to present the Radio Merit Badge at a Merit
      >Badge Clinic (in east Mesa, AZ). They would like for the Scouts to be able
      >to complete all or most of the requirements at that time. Has anyone done
      >this? Any ideas? All ideas are greatly appreciated.
      >
      >73 de AC7EW
      >Kelly

      The fastest I've ever seen Radio Merit Badge instruction is in five
      one-hour sessions during which several hours of "homework" needed to
      be done by the Scouts. Of twelve who started the class, only three
      completed.

      I've heard of similar instruction times at National Jamborees, but I
      can't confirm that.
      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm