605RE: [scoutradio] Changes to the Radio Merit Badge

  • Max - KD7GES
    Feb 2, 2002

      A few questions for you (or anyone else on the list that knows):

      1.  How did you hear about these changes to the Radio Merit Badge?

                  The 2002 Requirement Book, it should be available at your local Council Service Center.

      2.  When did these changes to the Radio Merit Badge officially go into
      effect?  It appears they happened sometime in the later part of 2001 -
      anyone know when?

                  Effective as of 01/01/02

      3.  Are these the only changes that were done (i.e. 7A3 was deleted & 7A5
      was changed)?

                  6D has changed to draw eight schematic symbols from ten.

      4.  I checked the Radio Merit Badge requirements on the MeritBadge.com
      website and the HTML page appears to have been updated with the changes:

      http://www.meritbadge.com/bsa/mb/093.htm

      However the PDF & MS-Word worksheets for the Radio Merit Badge requirements
      have NOT been updated so we need to be careful:

      http://www.meritbadge.com/bsa/workshts/index.htm

                  I have revised the worksheets, for the new requirements, however I dropped out parts 7B and 7C as I almost always teach Amateur Radio Option. I would be glad to post it to the group if interested.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic