4302Re: Ice Breakers: Radio Merit Badge

  • n5hyp
    Feb 5 6:16 PM
      Just a quick but fun ice breaker at the beginning of each class. I hand out a bag of ping pong balls. Each Scouts gets a few, and I tell them that they should spend the next minute throwing some of them directly to eachother, some scoot across the floor and some bouncing them off the ceiling. They have never been in a class where they are told to randomly throw stuff around the roon. I then tell them that just like all those balls flying around the room, radio and electromagnetic waves are everywhere. When we get to the part on direct wave, sky wave and ground wave propagation, I can refer back to the ping pong balls.

      73, Tom, N5HYP.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic