4290K2BSA/5 at National Scouting Museum Saturday Feb 2, 2013

  • n5hyp
    Jan 27, 2013
      We will be activiating K2BSA/5 this coming Saturday, February 2 from the National Scouting Museum in Irving, Texas for the day, including a Radio Merit Badge class. An HF station should be up and running on Scout frequencies from about 1600-2230Z for general contacts as well as from 1930-2015Z and 2130-2230Z for RMB requirement contacts. Will probably work 20M but could try 15 and 10 if propagation permits.

      We will also attempt satellite contacts on SaudiSat 1C (SO-50) on a 60 degree pass starting at our 1915Z for a 13 minute pass. Start RX at 436.80 and down for doppler shift with uplink of 145.85 67Hz tone. Please do not transmit though unless you hear the satellite.

      Please call K2BSA/5 or listen for us on the above frequencies.

      Email me in advance at n5hyp@... or call prior to 1500z on the 2nd to set up schedules, 214-403-1464.

      73, de Tom Schuessler, N5HYP