4179Re: Radio Merit Badge in Bergen County New Jersey

  • n5hyp
    Aug 28 5:53 AM
      Hello Group,

      We at the Irving Amateur 0Radio Club in Irving Texas have been doing RMBs at the National Scouting Museum for several years now. We have accumulated a collection of handouts which we have posted online as a large PDF. They are all publicly available items but we put them together in one place and are pointing the Scouts here as a point of followup. You are welcome to download and distribute them as you wish. Go to http://irvingarc.org/radioscouting.html and go to "Radio Merit Badge packet. The other links are good there as well. http://k2gw.tripod.com/onlineradiomeritbadge/ of course is a good basic alternative to the official book and if you go to a companion page, http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/ they have good resources for instructors as well.

      I hope this helps. Hope to meet you on the air for a future Scouting event. Our next RMB is September 8th and then of course JOTA.

      73

      Tom Schuesler, N5HYP

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@...> wrote:

      > Gary, Ed et al,
      >
      > I have a couple of useful items including an MS-Word version of the Radio
      > Merit Badge Requirements Workbook that is cut down to use only the Amateur
      > Radio option. I also have some information on the program benefits of
      > incorporating Amateur Radio into a Troop, Pack or Crew program.
      >
      > I'll send them on to you shortly.
      >
      > Yours in Scouting!
      > Thanks & 73,
      >
      > Gordon Beattie, W2TTT