4179Re: Radio Merit Badge in Bergen County New Jersey

  • n5hyp
    Aug 28, 2012
      Hello Group,

      We at the Irving Amateur 0Radio Club in Irving Texas have been doing RMBs at the National Scouting Museum for several years now. We have accumulated a collection of handouts which we have posted online as a large PDF. They are all publicly available items but we put them together in one place and are pointing the Scouts here as a point of followup. You are welcome to download and distribute them as you wish. Go to http://irvingarc.org/radioscouting.html and go to "Radio Merit Badge packet. The other links are good there as well. http://k2gw.tripod.com/onlineradiomeritbadge/ of course is a good basic alternative to the official book and if you go to a companion page, http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/ they have good resources for instructors as well.

      I hope this helps. Hope to meet you on the air for a future Scouting event. Our next RMB is September 8th and then of course JOTA.

      73

      Tom Schuesler, N5HYP

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@...> wrote:

      > Gary, Ed et al,
      >
      > I have a couple of useful items including an MS-Word version of the Radio
      > Merit Badge Requirements Workbook that is cut down to use only the Amateur
      > Radio option. I also have some information on the program benefits of
      > incorporating Amateur Radio into a Troop, Pack or Crew program.
      >
      > I'll send them on to you shortly.
      >
      > Yours in Scouting!
      > Thanks & 73,
      >
      > Gordon Beattie, W2TTT