4063Re: [ScoutRadio] Morse Code Interpreter Strip

  • Lamers, William M III (Will)
    May 4, 2012
      I guess this is where the old call books come in handy....

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 4, 2012, at 20:26, "Bill Stewart" <w2bsa@...> wrote:

      I would say that any one who got their license prior to the no-code regulation would qualify as long as they were Tech-Plus or better.
      Your license would be your proof.

      Best 73,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      On 5/4/2012 9:54 PM, Javier Henderson wrote:

      On May 4, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Sid Hughes <sid.k0sch@...> wrote:

      > Pretty cool. Wonder if my element 1 certification, done for my general, works?

      I would say that this is done on the honor system. The patch talks about 5 wpm, I'm fine with around 25 wpm (I've been active on CW for a long time), so I will get the patch. If someone ever calls me to help with translating a morse code conversation, I'll be able to do it at speeds well above the patch requirement.

      73,
      -jav k4jh