4055Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Morse Code Interpreter Strip

  • Mike Crownover
    May 4, 2012
      It is for sure not a separate language. But is does require interpretation.

      Mike AB5EB

      On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@...> wrote:

      Interpreter strips don't have an official signoff, because we don't require unit leaders to be fluent in every possible language. Essentially, you fulfill the requirements with someone skilled in the language, Scouts Honor, then you go to the Scout store and get the patch.

      It is somewhat self-enforcing, because if you cheat and wear a strip for a language you don't speak, you had better be prepared for someone to talk to you in that language.

      "Morse" seems like a bit of a stretch as a "language", but whatever.

      I would much, much rather have an official uniform patch for amateur radio operators, like this attractive one from Scouts Austrailia:

      http://www.sresu.asn.au/training/amateur-radio-badge/

      wunder

      On May 4, 2012, at 12:15 PM, jeffhburns wrote:

      Who administers the test for an interpreter strip? Is it OK to just place an order based on my own assessment of my ability?

      AD9T

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Mike Crownover <ab5ebdxer@...> wrote:

      > Already ordered mine! CW is my preferred mode.
      >
      > Mike AB5EB
      >
      > On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Jim <jbwilson@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Check out today's entry on Scouting Magazine's Blog at
      > > http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2012/05/04/a-blast-from-the-past-in-code/
      > >
      > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "W4NHL" <w4nhl.1@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > The Boy Scouts of America introduced a Morse Code Interpreter Strip
      > > today. Check out the full information here
      > > http://www.k2bsa.net/2012/05/morse-code-interpreter-strip/

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic