      From: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of n5hyp
      Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:55 AM
      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ScoutRadio] Radio Merit Badge Class at National Scouting Museum

      Hi all,

      The Irving ARC will be holding another Radio Merit Badge class at the
      National Scouting Museum this coming Saturday, September 10th. I am asking
      here for help making the required on-air contacts with the boys at this
      class.

      We will be using HF throughout the day for but local contacts will be on
      either the 146.72 or the 442.400 repeaters. We will have an HF station
      running throughout the day between 10 and 4:30 from the Museum deing general
      Ham Radio demos on or near the Scout frequencies but the official Scout
      contacts for badge credit will be from about 1-2P and 3:30-4:30 US Central
      Daylight time time. We will again be using the K2BSA/5 call thanks to Jim
      Wilson of BSA National, the new K2BSA call manager.

      While adult scout leaders/hams would be fine for these local repeater
      contacts, it would be great if you had some scouts who would like to
      participate in talking with other Scouts on the air.

      You can give me a call on my cell before Saturday to coordinate,
      214-403-1464. email is n5hyp@....

      Looking forward to hearing from you and working with you.

      73
      Tom Schuessler, N5HYP