3798Re: A new camp ham station

  • w5xj2011
    Apr 21, 2011
      Dale, I'm also happy to hear about your activity with the new scouting ham station. We are working to expand our camp station coverage in the Circle 10 Council in the Dallas / Fort Worth area of Texas. I have two sons in scouting, a Star & Life, and they are both impressed by PSK31 since the boys equate digital modes like PSK31 with "texting the world". I think digital modes are a great way to interest modern day youth in hamming and help grow our ranks.

      73!

      Grant Laughlin
      W5XJ
      http://www.circle10.org/site/c.owL1KgN4LxH/b.6589409/k.BF32/DFW_Radio_Scouting.htm

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Lamm" <DaleLamm@...> wrote:

      > Venturing Crew 73 (Buckeye Council, Ohio) was recently granted the callsign
      > KD8PTR, a temporary till we get our vanity call.
      >
      > We have been welcomed to our Council's summer camp to start a Radio Merit
      > Badge program, the first year ever in this Council.
      >
      > The next two months will be very busy, constructing a shack (in an existing
      > 9x15 foot prefab shed) and preparing for seven weeks of summer camp. Young
      > Crew members will be on camp staff and responsible for teaching. Adult
      > leaders will maintain an advisory-support role.
      >
      > I'll be sure to announce the final callsign before the season begins. We are
      > all excited to be involved with something we love dearly; Scouting and ham
      > radio!
      >
      > 73 de Dale NX8J

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic

    »