3794Re: A new camp ham station

  • ad5td
    Mar 31, 2011
      Glad to see you have a vibrant Summer Camp still going. Seven weeks is fantastic! Our local camp, Camp Karankawa in Mathis Texas, has gone from 6 weeks of 350+ boys a week, to 3 weeks of 250 if we are lucky. Unfortunately, Scouting is just "not cool" any more down here.

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Lamm" <DaleLamm@...> wrote:

      > Venturing Crew 73 (Buckeye Council, Ohio) was recently granted the callsign
      > KD8PTR, a temporary till we get our vanity call.
      >
      > We have been welcomed to our Council's summer camp to start a Radio Merit
      > Badge program, the first year ever in this Council.
      >
      > The next two months will be very busy, constructing a shack (in an existing
      > 9x15 foot prefab shed) and preparing for seven weeks of summer camp. Young
      > Crew members will be on camp staff and responsible for teaching. Adult
      > leaders will maintain an advisory-support role.
      >
      > I'll be sure to announce the final callsign before the season begins. We are
      > all excited to be involved with something we love dearly; Scouting and ham
      > radio!
      >
      > 73 de Dale NX8J

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic