3793A new camp ham station

  • Dale Lamm
    Mar 30, 2011
      Venturing Crew 73 (Buckeye Council, Ohio) was recently granted the callsign
      KD8PTR, a temporary till we get our vanity call.

      We have been welcomed to our Council's summer camp to start a Radio Merit
      Badge program, the first year ever in this Council.

      The next two months will be very busy, constructing a shack (in an existing
      9x15 foot prefab shed) and preparing for seven weeks of summer camp. Young
      Crew members will be on camp staff and responsible for teaching. Adult
      leaders will maintain an advisory-support role.

      I'll be sure to announce the final callsign before the season begins. We are
      all excited to be involved with something we love dearly; Scouting and ham
      radio!

      73 de Dale NX8J
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic