3638RE: [ScoutRadio] National Jamboree Summit on the Air

  • Robert Bruninga
    Jun 4, 2010
      > During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4,
      > wouldn't it be cool if we could have Jamboree
      > participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating
      > from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of
      > Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains?

      The 26th (Sunday) is the annual Golden Packet event where hams
      attempt long distance APRS text messaging along the long
      national trails. In 2009 was our first attempt at the 2000 mile
      Appalachain trail where we hoped to make it work over 14 hops.

      This year we hope western hams will activate the Pacific Crest
      trail, or the Continental Divide trail or others...

      Please check www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

      Bob, WB4APR
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic