3591Re: National Jamboree Summit on the Air

  • David
    Apr 27, 2010
      Hi,

      K2BSA will be operating continuously during the upcoming 2010 National Scout Jamboree. Your group in San Gabriel Mountains will be able to make contact on the standard Scout frequencies.

      Please visit www.nsj2010ham.com for all the details on the K2BSA operation at Jamboree.

      David
      --
      2010 National Scout Jamboree
      K2BSA Amateur Radio Staff

      David Q. Gaddis, P.E., KE4KPC
      5600 Green Valley Drive
      Knoxville, TN 37914
      (865) 637-2173

      dgaddis@...
      k2bsa@...
      www.nsj2010ham.com

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory" <more_toys@...> wrote:

      > Attn South Western US Hams. I had an idea, but need some help making it happen.
      >
      > During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4, wouldn't it be cool if we could have Jamboree participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains?
      >
      > Prefereably the hams on Mt. BP would be scouts. This could be a 2-3 day, or all week, operating event and we could send special QSL cards from there - with special event call sign W6BP or similar.
      >
      > Does anyone have experience doing something like this before? Give me a call/email - or answer back to this group - if you think we can make it happen.
      >
      > Greg Chapelle
      > Scoutmaster, Troop 667, San Diego, California
      > http://www.troop667.info
      > more_toys@...
      > WA6YLR
      > 858.484.2580 (home)