3567Re: [ScoutRadio] Amateur Radio Venture Crew

  • KB3CVS (Tom)
    Mar 8, 2010
      I'd love to know what causes an entire message to disappear.  I had entered a message explaining that we have a new Scout Venture Crew 7388 in the Baltimore MD area, which already has about 7 or 8 Crew members, and is becoming very popular in requests from the District and Area Council for demonstrations.

      We've given a merit badge class for a local troop, and tried to give demonstrations for HF radio.  What do any of you use here for effective demonstrations?  We find we need some sort of portable HF antenna which is quick and easy to setup, but also effective.  We can't always get the height or room, or mounting options for Dipoles or the like.

      I would love to hear what any of you would recommend and any experiences with portable HF antennas which are demo-worthy.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic