3535National Jamboree Summit on the Air

  • Gregory
    Jan 5, 2010
      Attn South Western US Hams. I had an idea, but need some help making it happen.

      During the 2010 National BSA Jamboree, Jul 26-Aug4, wouldn't it be cool if we could have Jamboree participants in Virginia talk to Hams operating from the peak (or on-the-mountain) of Mt. Baden-Powell in the San Gabriel Mountains?

      Prefereably the hams on Mt. BP would be scouts. This could be a 2-3 day, or all week, operating event and we could send special QSL cards from there - with special event call sign W6BP or similar.

      Does anyone have experience doing something like this before? Give me a call/email - or answer back to this group - if you think we can make it happen.

      Greg Chapelle
      Scoutmaster, Troop 667, San Diego, California
      http://www.troop667.info
      more_toys@...
      WA6YLR
      858.484.2580 (home)