1692New Member

  • Dan
    Dec 2, 2005
      Hey everyone,
      Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dan, AB8VE.
      I am currently a student at the Ohio State University, and the
      President of the OSU Amateur Radio Club. I am also an Eagle Scout.
      I have concerned lately as to the lack of knowledge of amateur radio
      to the general public. I have tried on campus to get people
      interested in the hobby, and had some luck but not a whole lot. I
      have come to the conclusion that in order to get people interested
      the best way is to hook them while they're young. Then I got to
      thinking. I learned about ham radio for the first time through the
      Boy Scouts. What a great place to go to get new members. Now, my
      little brother is still in the Scouts, and have gone camping with
      his troop several times. I always brings my radios along and all
      the kids are really intersted in it and some have gotten their
      license. But the kids don't have the money to get a radio a lot of
      the times and quickly lose interest. So I found this group in hopes
      that I could get some ideas on how to hook em while they're young
      and keep em.

      73's

      Dan, AB8VE
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic