124Re: FRS Repeaters

  • Chris
    Nov 1, 1999

      > > Are repeaters on FRS even legal? I wouldn't think so!
      >
      > I wouldnt either, but it is a simplex parrot, and sold by Radio Shacek for
      > just that purpose. If it is illegal, I guess we will know soon enough...
      >
      > Bob

      [Code of Federal Regulations]
      [Title 47, Volume 5, Parts 80 to end]
      [Revised as of October 1, 1998]
      From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
      [CITE: 47CFR95]

      [Page 541-542]

      Sec. 95.194 (FRS Rule 4) FRS units.
      (c) You may not attach any antenna, power amplifier, or other
      apparatus to an FRS unit that has not been FCC certified as part of that
      FRS unit. There are no exceptions to this rule and attaching any such
      apparatus to a FRS unit cancels the FCC certification and voids
      everyone's authority to operate the unit in the FRS.

      ----

      My question would be. Is that RS repeater certified for use as part
      of that FRS unit?

      | Chris / W4YYZ
      |
      | W4YYZ/R 224.24 - Dunedin, FL
      |
      | W4YYZ@... / w4yyz@... / w4yyz@...
      | ICQ: 1106713
      |
      | Get paid to surf the net! really works and it's how I pay for internet!
      | http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=fmz098

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic