Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Lucille A Richmond
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
      ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
      now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

      In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
      James ROSS (listed twice)
      John ROSSE (listed three times)
      Jonas ROSS
      Alester ROSS
      Daniel ROSS
      David ROSS

      Lucille Richmond
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
        As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
        Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

        Lucille

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
          Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
          and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

          Bill Caddell

          Lucille A Richmond wrote:

          > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
          > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

        • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
            Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
            any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
            Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
            > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
            Kittery,
            > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
            >
            > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
            > James ROSS (listed twice)
            > John ROSSE (listed three times)
            > Jonas ROSS
            > Alester ROSS
            > Daniel ROSS
            > David ROSS
            >
            > Lucille Richmond

          • Lucille A Richmond
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
              Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
              Abernethy.

            • RWEIFORDS@aol.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                unsubscribe
              • Larry Highman
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                  hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                  Jan

                • cwrichmond
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                    dunbarbill:

                    Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                    Lucille Richmond

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                        The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                        Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                        photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                        you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                        search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                        it searches and a breeze to use.

                        The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                        Enjoy the site, Lucille.