Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Lucille A Richmond
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
      The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

      Daniel MACKHAN
      Daniel MACKHELLIN
      Daniel MACKAINE
      Daniel MACNITH
      Daniel MANN
      Daniel MARTIN

      Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
      Daniels in the "C" listing.

      Lucille Richmond

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
        ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
        now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

        In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
        James ROSS (listed twice)
        John ROSSE (listed three times)
        Jonas ROSS
        Alester ROSS
        Daniel ROSS
        David ROSS

        Lucille Richmond
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
          As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
          Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

          Lucille

          Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
          prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
          family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
          Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
          taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
          Jan Highman

          >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
          >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
          >times...
          >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
          >
          >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
          >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
          >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
          >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

        • Bill Caddell
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
            Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
            and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

            Bill Caddell

            Lucille A Richmond wrote:

            > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
            > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

          • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
              Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
              any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
              Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
              > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
              Kittery,
              > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
              >
              > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
              > James ROSS (listed twice)
              > John ROSSE (listed three times)
              > Jonas ROSS
              > Alester ROSS
              > Daniel ROSS
              > David ROSS
              >
              > Lucille Richmond

            • Lucille A Richmond
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                Abernethy.

              • RWEIFORDS@aol.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                  unsubscribe
                • Larry Highman
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                    hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                    Jan

                  • cwrichmond
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                      dunbarbill:

                      Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                      Lucille Richmond

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                          The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                          Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                          photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                          you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                          search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                          it searches and a breeze to use.

                          The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                          Enjoy the site, Lucille.