Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: Test

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25 10:24 AM
      Hello,

      ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com was flooded with spam. I don't know who the moderator was. Either s/he didn't know what to do about it, or was ill or unable/uninterested in moderating the group. (Was Jan the moderator?)

      So, in August, 2007, I started a new group, scottish_war_prisoners@ yahoogroups.com, with myself as moderator, and invited members of the old group to join it.  It has grown considerably since then. I asked Teresa Rust to be a co-moderator and she has also created a very informative blog. Every email has to be accepted by a moderator and so spam is kept out.

      To join the new group, send an e-mail to
      scottish_war_prisoners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Be
      sure there are underscores between scottish, war and
      prisoners, then a hyphen before subscribe.

      Please join us! If you join, please introduce yourself, telling us who your Scottish war prisoner ancestor was.

      Best,

      Eleanor Hall, Co-Moderator