Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Larry Highman
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
      Hi,
      Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
      prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
      family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
      Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
      taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
      Jan Highman

      Jan and Larry Highman
      Your Medieval Merchants http://www.galaxymall.com/product/tents
      http://www.galaxymall.com/household/lanterns
      http://www.galaxymall.com/books/medieval

    • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
        Hi everyone,

        In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

        Thanks,

        Dave Howe Florida
      • Lucille A Richmond
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
          The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

          Daniel MACKHAN
          Daniel MACKHELLIN
          Daniel MACKAINE
          Daniel MACNITH
          Daniel MANN
          Daniel MARTIN

          Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
          Daniels in the "C" listing.

          Lucille Richmond

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
            ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
            now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

            In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
            James ROSS (listed twice)
            John ROSSE (listed three times)
            Jonas ROSS
            Alester ROSS
            Daniel ROSS
            David ROSS

            Lucille Richmond

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
              As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
              Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

              Lucille

              Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
              prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
              family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
              Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
              taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
              Jan Highman

              >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
              >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
              >times...
              >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
              >
              >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
              >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
              >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
              >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

            • Bill Caddell
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                Bill Caddell

                Lucille A Richmond wrote:

                > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
                > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

              • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                  Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                  any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                  Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                  > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                  Kittery,
                  > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                  >
                  > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                  > James ROSS (listed twice)
                  > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                  > Jonas ROSS
                  > Alester ROSS
                  > Daniel ROSS
                  > David ROSS
                  >
                  > Lucille Richmond

                • Lucille A Richmond
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                    Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                    Abernethy.

                  • RWEIFORDS@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                      unsubscribe
                    • Larry Highman
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                        hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                        Jan

                      • cwrichmond
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                          dunbarbill:

                          Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                          Lucille Richmond

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                              The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                              Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                              photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                              you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                              search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                              it searches and a breeze to use.

                              The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                              Enjoy the site, Lucille.