Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many times...

  • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
      Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
      Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
      indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
      Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
        Hi,
        Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
        prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
        family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
        Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
        taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
        Jan Highman

        Jan and Larry Highman
        Your Medieval Merchants http://www.galaxymall.com/product/tents
        http://www.galaxymall.com/household/lanterns
        http://www.galaxymall.com/books/medieval

      • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
          Hi everyone,

          In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

          Thanks,

          Dave Howe Florida
        • Lucille A Richmond
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
            The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

            Daniel MACKHAN
            Daniel MACKHELLIN
            Daniel MACKAINE
            Daniel MACNITH
            Daniel MANN
            Daniel MARTIN

            Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
            Daniels in the "C" listing.

            Lucille Richmond

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
              ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
              now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

              In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
              James ROSS (listed twice)
              John ROSSE (listed three times)
              Jonas ROSS
              Alester ROSS
              Daniel ROSS
              David ROSS

              Lucille Richmond

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
                Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

                Lucille

                Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                Jan Highman

                >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
                >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
                >times...
                >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
                >
                >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

              • Bill Caddell
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                  Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                  and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                  Bill Caddell

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                    Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                    any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                    Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                    > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                    Kittery,
                    > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                    >
                    > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                    > James ROSS (listed twice)
                    > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                    > Jonas ROSS
                    > Alester ROSS
                    > Daniel ROSS
                    > David ROSS
                    >
                    > Lucille Richmond

                  • Lucille A Richmond
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                      Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                      Abernethy.

                    • RWEIFORDS@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                        unsubscribe
                      • Larry Highman
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                          hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                          Jan

                        • cwrichmond
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 9 6:55 AM
                            dunbarbill:

                            Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                            Lucille Richmond

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 11 12:29 AM
                                The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                                Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                                photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                                you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                                search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                                it searches and a breeze to use.

                                The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                                Enjoy the site, Lucille.