Got this email - possible virus on your system?

  • Dave Mooney
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
      Hi this eamil came in. Not a clue why other than some viruses send emails at
      random from your address book. Don't know why I'd be in your address book
      either. Maybe worth doing a virus scan on your system?

      Dave

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
        Just checked the book, Pat. There are no proper names of DUNBAR in it; only
        the name of the battle.

        <cwrichmond@s...> wrote:
        > I just checked the book, and find no mention of Robert Abernathy.
        Sorry.

        > Lucille Richmond

      • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 13, 2001
          Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
          Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
          indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
          Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

        • ROSSBIRD@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
            Hi everyone,

            In the above book are there any ROSS names mentioned?

            Thanks,

            Dave Howe Florida
          • Lucille A Richmond
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
              The list shows the following on board the John and Sara:

              Daniel MACKHAN
              Daniel MACKHELLIN
              Daniel MACKAINE
              Daniel MACNITH
              Daniel MANN
              Daniel MARTIN

              Spelling was not the best, but this is the best I can come up with. No
              Daniels in the "C" listing.

              Lucille Richmond

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of Kittery,
                now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.

                In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                James ROSS (listed twice)
                John ROSSE (listed three times)
                Jonas ROSS
                Alester ROSS
                Daniel ROSS
                David ROSS

                Lucille Richmond

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                  As an added point, at the bottom of the list, item shown as
                  Daniel (torn) - perhaps this is yours?

                  Lucille

                  Is there a Daniel Cone or Dawniel Mac Hoe is the book? Does it list
                  prisoners from the Battle of Worchester as well as the Battle of Dunbar?Our
                  family legend is that Daniel Cone was taken at Dunbar. There is a Daniel
                  Mac Hoe listed on the John and Sara passenger list, but these were prisoners
                  taken at Worchester. He showed up in Haddam Connecticut in 1652 or so.
                  Jan Highman

                  >From: "Virginia L. \"Ginny\" Keefer" <rkeeferjr@...>
                  >To: <ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [ScottishWarPrisoners] Re: The book Lucille has spoken of many
                  >times...
                  >Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:08:22 -0500
                  >
                  >Are there any Abernathy's or variant spellings please. I understand my
                  >Robert Abernathy was in Battle of Worchester and sent to the Colonies as an
                  >indentured servant in Virginia in 1651. Ginny Keefer
                  >Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year

                • Bill Caddell
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                    Is there a list online of the Dunbar prisoners. I am trying to find when
                    and where a Capt CADDELL was transported...thought to be Barbados.

                    Bill Caddell

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                      Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                      any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                      Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                      > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                      Kittery,
                      > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                      >
                      > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                      > James ROSS (listed twice)
                      > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                      > Jonas ROSS
                      > Alester ROSS
                      > Daniel ROSS
                      > David ROSS
                      >
                      > Lucille Richmond

                    • Lucille A Richmond
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001
                        Sorry, Ginny, but I don't find anything that even remotely looks like
                        Abernethy.

                        Lucille, could you please check to see if my Robert Abernathy is listed in
                        any variant of his surname in 1651. Thank you. Ginny Keefer
                        Have a Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year
                        > ... believed to be part of Dunbar prisoners settling upper part of
                        Kittery,
                        > now Berwick ... is listed John ROSS.
                        >
                        > In the John and Sara passenger list, the following are shown:
                        > James ROSS (listed twice)
                        > John ROSSE (listed three times)
                        > Jonas ROSS
                        > Alester ROSS
                        > Daniel ROSS
                        > David ROSS
                        >
                        > Lucille Richmond

                      • Larry Highman
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 15, 2001

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 16, 2001
                            unsubscribe
                          • Larry Highman
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 18, 2001
                              hmmm, I wonder Would be my luck, actually.
                              Jan

                            • cwrichmond
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                dunbarbill:

                                Could you supply the url for this monument page? I haven't seen it myself.

                                Lucille Richmond

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 11, 2002
                                    The easiest way to locate the site is to search for Battle of Dunbar
                                    Monument. This will bring you to the town of Dunbar home page,
                                    photographs. The url request from someone could take much longer. If
                                    you do not use it I would suggest that you download the Goggle
                                    search engine for your web browser. It is very fast and accurate in
                                    it searches and a breeze to use.

                                    The url for Dunbar is http://www.dunbar.org.uk/gallery.htm

                                    Enjoy the site, Lucille.