Spam on the list

  • Larry Highman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Hello,
      I am the list owner. I checked the member list for the spammer,
      aj_2001@..., and did not see this person listed. I do not know how
      they were able to post on our group. I filed a complaint with Yahoo. I
      hope the problem will be permanently fixed.

      Meanwhile, let's get this list working! I have not been posting because
      my email address has changed. I think I have resolved that now.
      My Scottish ancestor was Daniel Cone. The family story is that he was taken
      prisoner at the Battle of Dunbar and sent to the colonies. We have not
      found his name on any ship passenger list, however. There is a Daniel McHoe
      on the John and Sara, but they were prisoners taken at the Battle of
      Worcester. Our Daniel popped up in Haddam Connecticut. His death record
      states that he was born in Edinburgh in 1626, but I have not been able to
      find a birth record. I saw a reference to a parish record on the internet,
      but have not followed up on it yet.

      What is your interest in Scottish prisoners? Please post your story.

      Jan Cone Highman