Re: Response to [ScottishWarPrisoners] Money Maker! (as seen on TV)

  • Dale E Leathead
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2001
      Two parts of the subject line don't go together: [ScottishWarPrisoners]
      and Money Maker! (as seen on TV). It is blatant commercial exploitation
      (of dubious integrity at that) of a special interest group.

      I agree with Leila Boyer about the improper use of
      ScottishWarPrisoners@yahoogroups.com interest group. It is really
      infuriating, so much so that I have registered a complaint with Yahoo!
      Customer.

      It would be good if more of us filed a complaint. Send the full text of
      the offending message along with the FULL (not the abbreviated form) of
      the message header. Please forward these reports of abuse to Yahoo!
      Customer Care at:

      mail-abuse@....

      Dale

    • Virginia L. "Ginny" Keefer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2001
        I agree with those complaining of the misuse of our site. My E Mail has
        constant messages about services for hire. I use my message icon to put on a
        block on each one who sends me unsolicited information. That happens about
        four times a day. It is unfortunate that so many take advantage of a good
        genealogy site by trying to get free ads for themselves. Maybe if all of us
        contact our local representative to complain it will help?? Also answer each
        of those with a good tongue lashing. Ginny Keefer
        God Bless America !!!!